Samsung Galaxy S2 Launch

In a queue for 16 hours! Worth the wait?



As crazy as it sounds, me and a bunch of my co-workers (ironically) headed to the Pacific Place Shopping Center and started queuing a night before the event. It was amazing! Thousands of people were willing to queue in line and spend the night there for buying so called "super smartphone" and that includes me lol.







I wasn't too far behind my co-workers during the queuing but sadly they have forgotten me already when they called Mr. McDonalds to deliver his chickens that night lol. The queue was closed at midnight after the event organizer counted 1,200 people were in the line, but the event would not start until 10:00 AM. in the morning! For that reason, they decided to reschedule the launch time to 8:00 AM.



In order to prevent intruder, so to speak, they gave each of us a paper bracelet with a seal on it that was made to be broken if we tried to take off the bracelet from our hands. Nice, eh?


The bracelet, front side.



More like a refugee camp lol.



The booth looked like a space camp from the outside :P



Thank God, there's a toilet available :D



The queue went outside the shopping mall area.



Check out the "Sold Out" board!



Odd, but eye-catching.



Finally, my line number, 167!





Inside the booth.


Crowded.



Everyone there with their "I'm First" bags :)



... and here I am with my first ever smartphone! lol

Comments

Novi Saluntara said…
ajegile antriya :p salut sama emak2 tuh yang mangku anaknya... tp heran juga, dah tau mo antri malem2 ko bawa anak kecil ya... kan kasian... :p *sirik tanda tak mampu lol*
Vera & Eka said…
lo ga foto nit ada emak emak lagi hamdan ngantri jg dari malem ye... qiiqiqii.. itu bawaan bay ato begimana ya..hahahahh
Ade Prakasa said…
aint worth it it think

Popular Posts