A Life Change

My Once Upon A Time..

This may not be a great material for a blog competition, especially since the big event is held by Bank Central Asia (BCA), Indonesia's largest private bank which was established 55 years ago. However, the competition's name "Berbagi Cerita bersama BCA" does have a valid point though cause I do have a story that I'm happy to share. My personal life change experience.

I can't recall when I first heard about BCA, but I certainly have heard the name for ages, I mean who hasn't? I do remember, however, my unforgettable encounter with the bank 3½ years ago after my sister passed away. I went to one of its branches located near her room rent to take care of, or should I say to close, her savings initially, but unfortunately the supporting documents were incomplete so they told me to come back again when all the papers are ready. Instead of getting back home so quickly, I ended up opening an account there which I once hesitated to do when my late sister asked me to, mainly due to the fact that I already had two accounts at another bank at that time.

I will never forget the day she came home just to lend some money from me for a brand new monitor. Sadly, I wasn't able to come to her place instead. That was couple days before she was rushed to ER where meningitis was diagnosed. She did look unhealthy that day but I thought she was just displeased bumping into Dad at home as she least expected for another argument with him due to her future preference, as usual. Looking back, I should have had the account sooner.

Thereafter, I switched my payroll deposit to that new account of mine in BCA and I was surprised just how easy and practical all my transactions can be done! Not just by using my debit card at local merchants or ATMs anywhere, but also via Internet banking using my first ever token lol. Plus, their branch office in Chase Plaza is located next to my office building ;)



Furthermore, it gets easier to redirect my deposit cause BCA can link to my two other bank accounts that I mentioned earlier via Prima network. Below you can find the list of the banks covered by the network, or log on to www.bca.co.id for further details. Make sure to read the page under "Kemudahan Transaksi" as reference. It's a brand new website, by the way. Thus, the old one, www.klikbca.com will direct you there eventually.

Click this link to download: Jaringan_Prima.pdf

Last but certainly not the least, I had my first "magic cards" which Rebecca Bloomwood refers to as credit cards in a movie called Confessions of a Shopaholic. I just love Isla Fisher in that chick flick. She's so hilarious! I myself enjoy shopping, but I'm not addicted as Becky was in the beginning of the movie. I do agree with her about one thing though, the cards does have magic powers indeed. Their powers include discounts, installments, and rewards. Moreover, my BCA card can transform into a Flazz card! And the magic doesn't stop there, in my case it also helps me to get through the end of the month crisis as well hehehe. However, the magic comes with a price that I ought to pay the next month :D



Well, I admit that the sudden change of being the eldest sibling in the family now, makes my financial planning a bit difficult. I am single, but believe it or not, my expenses are like a married woman lol. I still have two younger sister and brother in my care, and my parents are old enough to play with their grand children whom they have not had yet, unfortunately; but I am more than willing to give. I love children. It's just that good men are hard to find nowadays, and probably cause they are all taken hahaha. Nevertheless, I'll find my prince charming one day. Someday. I plan to have a new house of my own by then. A place called home where I'm with the ones I love and be loved by them.

Home is where my heart is, enough said. Family always comes first above anything else. They mean the world to me. Although I may not have the best family in life, however, I do love them with all my heart. I really want them to be able to count on me, not just financially, but totally anything. After you experience the loss of a member of your family, this feeling just kinda grows in you. I know it does in me. Ever after.

Comments

Popular Posts