Urban Lifestyle: Ojek, Busway and Jockey

It's a wild wild world?

I get panic attack every morning on working days. It's the 8 to 5 thingy lol. I live in a rural area so it takes time to go to downtown, plus the traffic is terrible! Moreover, I can't come late to work, no matter what. "No excuses. Get up earlier in the morning and come to the office on time!" said Mr. You-Know-Who and that quote just keeps popping in my head!

Since it takes at least 2 hours to go to work and I have to be there at 8 o'clock sharp, I need to get up at 4:00 AM and get ready at 5. Thirty minutes afterward, I should have left the house walking to the bus stop. Later than that, I would have to call for emergency transportation and that is... ta-da.. Ojek! lol. It is the fastest and most effective transportation in time of need d(^_^)b









I get off work around 5:00 PM. Usually, I take Busway to get to the next bus stop for home, or become a "jockey" for either my friends or superior ;) Jockey here has nothing to do with horse racing lol. I am referring to 3-in-1 jockey! In my case, it is free of charge, of course. For some people, however, jockey is a job description emerged from 3-in-1 regulation. It's a way to eke out a living 'without horses' by offering services as additional passengers for private cars that carry less than the minimum allowed number of passengers inside the vehicles, which is 3, in order to be able to access the main roads of Jakarta central business district. This traffic policy applies only on weekdays during rush hour i.e. in the morning from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM and in the afternoon from 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM.

No doubt being on the road for hours can be tiring or even sleepy sometimes lol. That is the life I have to live in anyway, so better stop complaining, Anita! :P

Comments

alrisjualan said…
Ojek adalah alternatif moda angkutan yang cepat ditengah kemacetan Jakarta.
Salam,
http://alrisblog.wordpress.com/
http://PakOsu.wordpress.com/masly

Popular Posts